Skip to content
- Caregiver Protection Plan
- Competing Solutions to the Foster Care Crisis
- Washington State’s Troubled Foster Care Program Struggles to Keep Foster Parents
Over the course of four years, foster parent Veronica Moody of Kirkland took in babies and children with severe challenges, including drug exposure, extreme tantrums and nightmares, head-banging and third-degree burns. But that wasn’t the really hard part of the job, the part that drove away Moody and her husband Chris from accepting more kids. Click here to read more.
- ARTICLE: Foster Care Crisis by Allegra Abramo and Susanna Ray of Investigate West
- Navigating the Legislative Website
- Amara – Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love and support of a committed family – as quickly as possible, and for as long as each child needs.
- State Report on Improving Well Being
- 2017 KIDS COUNT Data Book
The 2017 KIDS COUNT Data Book finds the economic well-being of children improved in the past five years. Similarly, gains in child health continued. In this year’s report, New Hampshire ranked first among states for overall child well-being, followed by Massachusetts and Vermont. Louisiana, New Mexico and Mississippi were the three lowest-ranked states.
- Trends in Foster Care and Adoption – 2006-2015